Thank you for being a Classroom Presenter for the 2019 West Virginia Bridge Design and Build Contest. Classroom Presenters provide much needed information to teachers and students about the contest.
- Please read ALL of the below information regarding this years presentation requirements and grant process.
- All ASCE Student Chapters MUST complete the Student Chapter Grant Application application in order to be eligible for a 2017 WVBDB Contest grant.
NOTE: Eligibility requirements for this year’s contest have been modified from previous years.
- For more information or questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each student must be provided detailed instructions on how to upload their designs for judging in the WV Statewide competition. The process is simple but involves a series of steps.
- Classroom materials and useful resources for your use can be found under the Classroom Materials page of the site or by click here.
- Download the PowerPoint Presentation to use during the classroom visits.
- “Getting Started” is a handout that explains in simple steps how students should proceed to get started in the contest also found under Classroom Materials.
- The “Beginners’s Guide to the Bridge Designer” by Kate Harty, will be very helpful as students begin to understand the basic engineering design concepts and start their own design for the contest.
- We ask that ALL presenters complete the “Post Presentation Form“, which is available as a drop-down under the Presenters Portal menu on this site. –Complete & submit this form within 72 hours of each visit–
- Each speaker will be assigned a “Presenter Code“. Students MUST enter this code when registering in order for ASCE Student Chapters to receive credit for the classroom visit!
Download the software:
Bridge Designer 2018 for Windows Computers
Download Setup File: [39.2 MB] Download
Bridge Designer 2018 for Macintosh Computers
Download Disk Image File: [138 MB] Download
If you are an ASCE Student Chapter, click here to complete the online grant application.
If you are a non ASCE Student Chapter presenter and would like to schedule the 1-hour training contact email@example.com.